How To Prepare Your Skin For Fall
- August 22, 2019
- / Author Name
- / Post Tags
Fall is quickly approaching and your sun kissed cheeks and dewy skin will be retired until next summer. During the summer months the chlorine from swimming and the sunshine from long summer days can damage your skin. It shows in your complexion during the fall and winter months and age spots/ sun damage can occur. Restoring moisture to your skin can help with flakiness, dryness, fine lines and wrinkles and putting the moisture back into your skin is the best place to start. Here are 10 tips for preparing your skin for fall.
1. Start with a consultation with one of our aestheticians to determine what your skin type is. This will help us determine what products are best for you and your skin.
2. Research- Nobody knows your skin better than you do. If you are dry and flakey try drinking more water than you are used to. Also think about adding a hyaluronic acid to your regimen.
What is hyaluronic acid? A product that is applied to the skin to help retain moisture leaving you feeling hydrated and smooth.
3. Consider a Peel- Peels are great to remove the summer touch off of the top layer of your skin. Being out in the sun can leave you dry and dull and receiving a peel will help you get your glow back. We have several options at our office for all skin types and tones.
4. Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize! Find a moisturizer that works best for you. When you find the right one stick to it and apply twice a day. If you feel like you need a lunch time pick me up apply as needed.
5. Consider getting a facial every 4-6 weeks. Receiving a facial will hydrate your skin and will leave you feeling rejuvenated.
6. Exfoliate! When you exfoliate you are removing any dead skin that is on the surface and is ready to fall off. Exfoliating 3-5 times a week (depending on your skin's sensitivity) can help with the look of softer skin, and can also helps with fine lines and wrinkles.
7. Use an eye cream- The skin under your eyes is the thinnest skin on the body, meaning it can become dry really fast. Applying an eye serum with caffeine in it can immediately make you feel more awake and leave you with a brighter under eye look.
8.Dermaplane- Dermaplaning uses a scalpel to remove the top layer of dead skin and the peach fuzz, allowing your products to penetrate deeper into the skin for more hydration and better results.
9. Sunscreen- A lot of people think that during the fall and winter months sunscreen is not needed.. FALSE! The sun is still out and harsh on your skin. Continue applying sunscreen each morning to prevent fine lines, wrinkles, and sun damage.
10. DRINK WATER! Water is and should be your best friend. Not only does it benefit your skin it benefits every single organ in your body.
There are 10 recommendations to prepare your skin for F A L L! Come see us today & remember healthy skin is in!
Thanks for following along with us.
East Hill Laser & Aesthetics